client is a leading engineering & manufacturing firm with a global
presence and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a site
Maintenance Engineer to be based at their site based between Luton &
All levels of Engineering experience considered!
Reporting into the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, based on a Monday to Friday, 6-2 / 2-10 rotating shift pattern.
The key function is to work closely with the Production teams to reduce downtime and optimise production.
- Carry out planned maintenance on plant & equipment to a high standard
- Respond to breakdowns on plant and machinery
- Working closely with production teams to reduce downtime and optimize production
- Complete maintenance records
- Fault Finding
- Record work carried out on a daily log system
- Liaise with Contractors, surveyors, external Engineering Companies and other internal departments
- Make recommendations for reducing downtime and costs and supporting H&S initiatives
- Responsible for Health & Safety of self and others
- Assist with preparation for internal and external site audits
- Ensure a good working relationship with all departments
Knowledge skills & experience:
- Electrical bias with any level of basic Mechanical would be ideal
- Be competent in reading electrical drawings
- Qualified to 17th Edition Electrician
- Ideally Experienced in dealing with PLC’s
- Aptitude for and experience with mechanical practices within a production environment.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing facility where a time critical response is essential.
- PC Literate – must be competent in using Excel
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Note re new GDPR rules & CV
We take your data & privacy seriously. We may
retain your details on the basis of legitimate interest & in accordance
with GDPR rules. We will only use your email address & contact details to inform you about
related job opportunities, industry news & general advice around the
recruiting process. Our wider GDPR privacy
policy can be accessed here: http://www.reactiverecruit.co.uk/privacy_gdpr.asp
Click here to return to the search results